I'm on the 2nd semester of IB but I want to switch my subjects

swifford

Hi, I want to switch my subjects but I'm already on the 2nd semester of 11th grade. My courses are; Turkish HL, English HL, Visual Arts HL, History SL, Physics SL and Math SL. I want to switch Turkish HL to either Math HL or Physics HL. The reason why I want to do it is because the teacher is cancer. I don't want to tell the details but just know that she's not a good teacher... Also I don't like literature and stuff. Is it possible to switch? Would it worth? The course I want to study in university is nothing related to Turkish. I'm very regretful about this situation.

• Like 1

Should be absolutely fine to switch, just discuss with your coordinator and get it done as soon as possible!
the switch into maths or physics HL might be a big step up from what you're currently doing, though it should be okay.

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, t.sw said:

Should be absolutely fine to switch, just discuss with your coordinator and get it done as soon as possible!
the switch into maths or physics HL might be a big step up from what you're currently doing, though it should be okay.

Good luck!

I didnt say but;

they may only let you switch if your grades are high enough/or if your teachers say it's okay.