Extended Essay topics for Chemistry and Biology

ibgrad2019

Hello guys,

I am due to submit my extended essay and I have given my subject choice as chem+bio, but I cannot come up with any good extended essay topic. I want to do something related to medicine. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I do not think that I can help you but I had the same problem so I might be able to give some kind of advice. My main advice would probably be to as soon as possible decide if you want to do it in chem or bio in order to narrow down your options. When I tried to find something my main problem was that I focused on everything rather than reading more deeply about something that interested me. It will be really hard to come up with something, but I think that you should write a list of things that interests you and then start to do basic reading in the areas to see what you find, after doing that you can start formulating questions and see if it is possible to do an experiment for it (read the experimental policy). Then you can discuss it with your supervisor and see what they think. I had a very hard time coming up with something and I spent hours which made me frustrated, now I have a topic and I hope it will work out the way I want. Hope that helps some at least! (My main advice would probably be to not wait but start ASAP, time will probably not help, just make you more stressed in the end)