I'm absolutely miserable.

abadibi

I studied for my mocks in maths, and i was studying for a little over a month. i did all the questions in the book and almost all of them were correct. however when the mocks came, i started solving problems with ease and i left out 1 or 2 questions. i though that the minimum i would get was a 5. becuase if i studied for such a long time, every week i would put 10 hours just for maths for a little over a month. When i get my mocks back, I'm confused, angry and just miserable. i got a 2. My dad saw me studying maths for such a long time and he knew that i was going through the book easily, but i also was working hard. He was disappointed at what happened and eventually the rest of my family too.  anyone who has ever gone through this know how to cope with the situation im in?

Hey there,

Well, I totally get how you are feeling mate. Nothing sucks more than working like crazy and then it goes to waste. Thing is, you definitely worked right. So I would say it sounds like you had a bad day at the exams. First thing I would do is re-examine what happened at the exam. Did you panic, or something similar. If you can identify that, you can take a step towards improving. It's possible you need to practice breathing exercises or something to calm down. 

Also, I would highly recommend going over the exam and seeing where you went wrong. Maybe do some extra practice or talk to your teacher about it. It's possible you don't understand some concepts, even tho you think you do.

Finally, let it go. It's hard, but you're only human. Mistakes happen; learn, and dust yourself and carry on. Think of it this way, yes you bombed your mocks. But at least it wasn't the real IB exam and you have some time to prep.

Hope this helped.

Cheers

King

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, King112 said:

Hey there,

Well, I totally get how you are feeling mate. Nothing sucks more than working like crazy and then it goes to waste. Thing is, you definitely worked right. So I would say it sounds like you had a bad day at the exams. First thing I would do is re-examine what happened at the exam. Did you panic, or something similar. If you can identify that, you can take a step towards improving. It's possible you need to practice breathing exercises or something to calm down. 

Also, I would highly recommend going over the exam and seeing where you went wrong. Maybe do some extra practice or talk to your teacher about it. It's possible you don't understand some concepts, even tho you think you do.

Finally, let it go. It's hard, but you're only human. Mistakes happen; learn, and dust yourself and carry on. Think of it this way, yes you bombed your mocks. But at least it wasn't the real IB exam and you have some time to prep.

Hope this helped.

Cheers

King

Thanks man, I will definetly go over the exam after i get i back, and see what went wrong. i just have to wait until monday for that. It's just disappointing to experience something like this and had to get it out somewhere.

Guest TheMagical7

It never hurts to hire a tutor temporarily. I feel the same way about English, I spend so long with little progress, but I hope you'll understand what you did wrong.