Hi! I am doing IB cp next year and I wanted to know what to expect about the followng classes:

Maria Nino

My classes are:

IB Chemistry Y1 HL

IB English A Lit Y1 HL

IB Hist of the Americas Y1 HL

IB PPS Y1

Can someone please give me a heads up about what to expect and also any other information that might be useful. I am aware that the classes are challenging but im sure that with time and effort I can do well.

All I can really confirm for you is Eng HL, as I do History HL not History of the Americas HL...

Eng HL is similar in content to SL, however your exams are more independent thinking instead of guided, and you are marked harsher than SL.

With History (in general) it's a lot of content. Even if you go home and read a chapter of the given textbook everyday, there are still at least 2 more textbooks you need to be reading and taking notes for. With History, just try and be as collaborative as possible with the rest of your class as some people retain more/different information than others, and maybe try dividing up the work (that's an ideal suggestion- my class doesnt do that, however when we finish our notes we all send them to each other and sort of compare)

Though your teachers will make or break you^^ for any subject.

Hope this helped in some way-

Good luck!!

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm in History of the Americas y1 HL, and it's my most challenging class. This originally irritated me, since it was required that I take it and I couldn't choose SL, but throughout the year I've learned a lot. I don't know what your teacher would be like, but I'd advise you to take the class seriously. I have a lot of notes and it really does help to do a little every day and review the notes from the previous day. For me, HOA is the first class in which I've been allowed to and expected to go into depth about how we know historical things and how reliable that is! Good luck with the course.

• Like 1