Literature Written Assignment topic based on poem? Need urgent help

Joanna Bart

Hi,

I am struggling with a written assignment in Language A: Literature and I have faced a significant issue, while the deadline is approaching. 

Is it allowed to compare a translation of a poem (to a language that it is taught in) with its original version?  Is it allowed to prepare written assignment just on one poem and its translation?

I have chosen the following topic:   

"About different ways of presenting the major character in „Carcass”. A comparative analysis of the original poem by Baudelaire with its translation."

I am comparing the translation of a French poem with the original work and the purpose of this comparison is to evidence that the translator lost - to certain extent - the sense of the original text. 

Is it a properly chosen topic for a written assignment in Language A: Literature? Can a written assignment be a comparison of a translation with an original piece of literature? Can one poem by the subject of analysis?

I would very much appreciate anyone help me to answer this question!!

Joanna