Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone!

I've heard that we can do 3 sciences in IB in some cases (which is not-regular diploma). But do anyone know if I can take the third science instead of the 3rd group (individual studies)??


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly sure you will have to talk to your coordinator about that...it can vary school to school. From what I know and have seen, you must take individual studies (which i'm pretty sure includes psychology...somebody please correct me if i'm mistaken :) ) 

There's this girl I know however, she transferred schools to join the program. That was a special case, regardless she gets to take year 12 physics, a non IB course because her time table allowed it.

I'm just telling you what I know though. Its best to ask your coordinator because maybe you can dig out some space in your time table : ) good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you can. It only applies to special cases in which students want to study medicine in India, Pakistan, and the Netherlands. In these cases, your school ib coordinator has to contact the IBO so that you can get your diploma and not do group 3.

However, if you're ib coordinator doesn't do that, you most likely will not receive your diploma which would be really bad.

Taking 3 sciences isn't a part of the diploma and it isn't recommended bc group 3 classes are really essential and will help you so much later on.

Anyways, hope this helped!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.