Exploration help!!! idea too simple but i want to keep it

IBeatHim

Alright, so this math exploration is truly killing me. I literally have no idea what to write about and have resorted to the most basic thing i can think of, but the problem is that it is too basic. Nevertheless, i still want to keep the idea but want some help broadening what things i can explore. The idea i had was to measure the sides of a couple of corners in a number of rooms and use the cosine theorem to find the angle of said sides and basically prove how the sides aren't 90 degrees and how the architects that made the building weren't very precise. I know the idea is very basic and isn't really that good but i really just want to have an exploration at this point. I had an idea with maybe using probabilities to predict the size of angles in a newer built building or something along those lines, but i am having a hard time developing any other ideas at all. Any help would be appreciated!

I think it would be better to brainstorm more ideas, possibly with your peers. This topic is too simple. Unless you have some strong personal attachments to this topic, it's much more efficient to come up with new ideas rather than try to improve upon this particular idea. It's interesting but unnecessary to take experimental data and compare to theory. Other ideas include exploration relationships between math topics (eg trig and vectors), use regression methods to model a curve or shape, explore a very tough problem in any of the units (eg probability or roots of higher order functions), math a little bit beyond syllabus (some HL content in complex numbers or differential equations), appreciation of math and applications (eg Riemann zeta functions, fractals, group theory, cryptography).