Biology IA topic

Abby Stone

Hi guys. In this first year of biology HL we've already started our biology IA, and the first rough draft is due on April while the final one is due after summer break. I've already done a biology experiment for my IA but I don't like it that much so I decided to redo my IA over the summer, hope it's not too late ;(. I got 2 new topics in hand, one is to investigate the effect of the direction of light (artificial) on plant growth, and the other one is to investigate the effect on osmosis in organic egg vs. conventional egg (regular egg). Which one do you think is better? and by saying better I mean interesting IA and easier to do. Thanks in advance

Oh and in addition, I heard some student is going to redo their IA over the summer and our teacher said OK, so I thought it'll be ok for me to redo it over the summer too,  but I will check on my teacher and talk to her later in these day. I just need some suggestion about my IA, thx.

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2018 at 1:01 AM, Abby Stone said:

Hi guys. In this first year of biology HL we've already started our biology IA, and the first rough draft is due on April while the final one is due after summer break. I've already done a biology experiment for my IA but I don't like it that much so I decided to redo my IA over the summer, hope it's not too late ;(. I got 2 new topics in hand, one is to investigate the effect of the direction of light (artificial) on plant growth, and the other one is to investigate the effect on osmosis in organic egg vs. conventional egg (regular egg). Which one do you think is better? and by saying better I mean interesting IA and easier to do. Thanks in advance 

The problem with "The effect of the direction of light on plant growth" is that you will need a lot of time to see any changes in it's growth (i say it bc of experience). Taking your base idea, I would recommend you to do an experiment of "The effect of the direction of light on rate of photosynthesis in a plant". You can meassure the rate of photosynthesis with the amount of O2 produced and it doesnt requires that big amount of time or effort (it's way easier).

I hope it helped