Need help for TOK presentation

markusferrel

• 2 weeks later...

For my presentation, I’ll kinda tell you what we did. My partner and I found what was really interesting to us and choose a real-life situation that pertained to it. So we love music and had shared interest in specific artists. Around the time of our TOK presentation, hip hop artist J.Cole released an album that tells a story of his past and his culture. To stay close to our love of music and in more specific, hip hop, we developed our presentation around how lyrics in music can act as a way to display an artists culture and ways of life. Doing this made it easy to find areas and ways of knowledge like, history, the arts, human sciences (for aok) and sense perception and language (wok). Idk if it will but I hope that helps you know you can find something that genuinely interest you and mold your presentation around it! So with design and tech, you could look up decently news articles where something has happened in those areas that sparks your interest and run with it. 

Idk what you have been told but our format was pretty simple. We introduced the topic and our real-life situation and gave a map of what would we do. Introduced key terms for our presentations and then jumped in. We did our first claim then first counter-claim. Then knowledge questions for those two that could stem for further research. We did that same thing for our second claims and counterclaims. And then we had our conclusion. 

I hope this helped! Good luck!

The way that we did our presentations was we chose something we were interested in and asked a question about it. (obviously.) Clarification: we chose our main real life situation, explained it, asked a TOK question, broke the question apart, used two other RLS examples, and then asnwered the question. You're interested in design and technology. You could do yours on, lets say, the power of technology. Well, you could look around at the world and say hey people are really brought together by this technology and stuff. And look into that. You then could form a TOK question based on the general question "how much does technology make a difference in what we know as human." or "to what extent does technology bridge the gap between savagery and humanity." or "to what extent is technology really necessary to connect people together." From one of those ideas you would form a super vague question using the "To what extent..." beginning and the different ways of knowing and the other terms that they made us learn. Then you would find other examples to support what you think then you would answer the question. TA DA.

• 2 weeks later...