U of T offer

juliette_vo

Hey everyone! I was accepted to study Life Sciences at the University of Toronto. The system in Canada seems to be different to the one in the UK, wherein you don't actually get a specific offer that you need to reach. On the terms and conditions of my offer it just says "The University reserves the right to withdraw this offer of admission if you do not maintain your current academic standing, particularly in any of the required courses, and if you fail to obtain the Diploma of the International Baccalaureate". Does this mean I can lose a few points and still be accepted into the university, and if so, how many would I be able to lose? (This is just in the worst case scenario)

My predicted is 39/45 btw. 

5 hours ago, juliette_vo said:

Hey everyone! I was accepted to study Life Sciences at the University of Toronto. The system in Canada seems to be different to the one in the UK, wherein you don't actually get a specific offer that you need to reach. On the terms and conditions of my offer it just says "The University reserves the right to withdraw this offer of admission if you do not maintain your current academic standing, particularly in any of the required courses, and if you fail to obtain the Diploma of the International Baccalaureate". Does this mean I can lose a few points and still be accepted into the university, and if so, how many would I be able to lose? (This is just in the worst case scenario)

Hey! Congrats on getting into U of T :D Depending on how competitive your program is, you can still keep your offer after losing a few points (as long as you get your diploma I think). I am currently in UBC Arts, and all I needed to do to maintain my offer was get my diploma :D 

8 hours ago, juliette_vo said:

Your interpretation is correct. For a different program at U of T, I got an acceptance letter that also did not specify final IB grade requirements. You just need to maintain about 39, not necessarily maintain a specific minimum.