TOK Prsentation: What is a good KQ?

eeebeee

Hello

Would someone be able to give me guidance if this a good TOK KQ: Should we trust international NGOs?

Basically for my presentation, I'm interested in challenging the blind assumption that International NGOs are always doing good work (e.g. Amnesty International, Oxfam, Doctors Without Borders, etc.)

Any guidance will be much appreciated!

This is not a KQ. It is a real life scenario. A KQ often has ToK terms and can be applied to multiple contexts. So it may sometimes contain AoK, WoK, personal/shared knowledge, objectivity/subjectivity, bias, and other assumptions of how knowledge is obtained.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eeebeee said:

Hi @kw0573

Thanks for your quick reply!

Would something like: "TWE does bias play a role in trust?" be better?

Also, what are the formats that knowledge questions usually take? Can you give me some example knowledge questions? 

Thanks again!

My TOK teacher who has been doing it for a couple of years now says that it's quite good to have the word "knowledge" in the KQ. She says on one of her recent teachings a senior examiner found the presentations with this word to be of much better quality. 

Take it for whatever you like, but I followed the advice this year (my last year's teacher was quite uninformed about TOK and our presentations were rubbish!). 

• 1 year later...