I'm still good for a diploma If I get an E on the EE?

mashya

I'm not looking to achieve an extraordinary score in the IB, but would also like the achieve the diploma
If I get an elementary grade on the extended Essay and a C or B on the theory of knowledge essay am I still clear for a diploma?
The IB grid shows that an E on both assignments eliminates eligibility, but I'm still worried that an E on the extended essay will extricate me from the opportunity

Thank God, I'm an 09'er!
I doubt I'd get an E, but the overall uselessness of it reassures me :(

I just had read on a site that with an E on either EE or the TOK essay , that you need a 28 or above

"d) an elementary grade for both
iii. Theory of Knowledge
iv. Extended Essay
Candidates with only one failing condition, but with a total score of at least 28 points, will be awarded the Diploma."

I'm guessing that they mean that for the 10'ers (Dam that doesnt roll off the tongue, and neither does "class of '10")

[quote name='mashya' post='30870' date='Dec 22 2008, 12:43 PM']I'm guessing that they mean that for the 10'ers (Dam that doesnt roll off the tongue, and neither does "class of '10")[/quote]
*giggle* I know! "oh-nine" is just so awesome.

But isn't that 28-point rule only for the case of two Es? Since that's what you need for it to be a failing condition? (I guess other failing conditions would be things like incomplete CAS and such.) So maybe you don't even need above E in both to get a diploma? If you're good in everything else...

Ergh, I just wish we didn't have to do ToK. I'm not at all worried about EE anymore (it's done! and it's good!), but the ToK essay is still grating on me. =( I was so pleased to realise a few days ago that with an A on the EE, you can still get two bonus points if you have a D in ToK. I'm needing to live up to my predicted grades! o.o

Hah, ya seriously we're so lucky to be the last in in the next 10 years to have such an awesome graduation date!

And pshh the TOK essay is a joke, just spend a few hours one boring night and you'll be done with it for good

But if your aiming for a high IB grade never mind that, (one night essays don't usually get good grades) aha