Dtrevi

Okay, so our biology teacher is a noob and we need help. She doesn't know what she's doing at all. She gives us the same tests that she gives her standard biology classes and we haven't covered the whole book at all. What do I do? I know for a fact that whatever she does won't help. So how do I save myself? What can I do to teach myself one of my least favorite subject? Please help me. I am dying and I don't want to fail.

• Like 1

How many topics have you covered? The best you can do atm is to go through the study guide and the textbook yourself, maybe with a few friends, but this is only if there is no possible solution. It's always better for someone to teach you things, so try and ask her again but maybe with specific questions about HL topics once you've had a look at them yourself. If you haven't covered any of the HL content then you really need to at least try and self-study the content. There are videos that may help (Alex Lee) and useful websites (bioninja is my favourite, bioknowledgy is also good). Hope this helps!

• Like 3

You should definitely look at the assessment statement or the syllabus for biology and try to write descriptive sentences or definition for bio vocab and explanation under each assessment statement. This will be really useful for you to guide yourself through the things you need to know. I have a really crappy teacher as well who doesn't teach anything in biology, so I have had to work my way through bioninja and the Oxford biology guide with the bio syllabus.