Math Internal Assessment-- I got a 15 on the IA

Kobe2424

Hey I got a 15/20 on the math IA, I am confused because other IB teachers said my IA was around a 18/20. I am concerned because what if my IA does not get selected as an example and it remains a 15. My teacher does not really like me, so I think it is an unfair grade. Additionally, how hard would it be for me to get a 7 on the IB test?

See my post here:

To get a 7, you should aim for at least 76/90 (85%) in each paper, preferably 78-79 ish in case your grade decreases further after moderation. If you believe different teachers would give such significantly different grades, you should see if the other math teacher can sit down with 30-60 min to evaluate your IA thoroughly. In general, each school is responsible for establishing consistent grading methods. I want to reiterate that 15/20 is a good grade, and 18/20 is a very exceptional IA and is rare. You should not feel bad or fear that you may not get a 7, because you still have very good chances.

Edited by kw0573
  • Like 1