biology ia on caffeine

myrtille

Hi there. I am currently working on my IA assignment from biology HL. I was thinking about caffeine antibacterial effect, as how it can help us, humans in fighting with bacteria in our organisms. I thought I can use different types of coffee - like espresso, latte, cappuccino, etc. in order to investigate whether they will have the same influence. Do you think it is enough? Because I feel like it can be too simple for HL and how else can I use caffeine properties? I was reading quite a lot about it and I do not really want to change the topic.

My other idea was to test coffees from popular cafeteries, like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts to investigate if they differ from each other.

Edited by myrtille

• 3 months later...

This is a good topic to go on but please keep in your mind that you need to add in more variables such as  using different caffeine content products, usage of different techniques to calculate the caffeine content in each product and other variables. These are just suggestions to add these variables in your IA but at the last you're the one who is going to write your IA.

Edited by IBZOMBIE9840