DOES ANY SCHOOL IN SWEDEN OFFER NOVEMBER EXAM 2018?

Lion

Hello, 

Because of personal reasons I couldn't sign up for the May Exam 2017 and I truly want to do the exam this year and I would appreciate if you could inform me about who could possibly offer November Exam 2018 in Sweden. 

Thank you in advance  

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Anton Odwong said:

Did you manage to find any schools in Sweden? if so I would like to know.

No, unfortunately. I called and emailed all IB schools here and no one seemed to offer November exams. 

• 1 month later...

Hey! Yeah I contacted every IB school in Sweden around May and I contacted them again in June but unfortunately no one offered November re-takes or Exams. But you can try, perhaps something changed! I do not know If there is a way to make it happen, maybe if we let them know that we would want to take the exams (if we are enough of students), they might think about it or so but I am not sure. @hk18

Edited by Lion

27 minutes ago, Lion said:

Hey! Yeah I contacted every IB school in Sweden around May and I contacted them again in June but unfortunately no one offered November re-takes or Exams. But you can try, perhaps something changed! I do not know If there is a way to make it happen, maybe if we let them know that we would want to take the exams (if we are enough of students), they might think about it or so but I am not sure. @hk18

SO just heard there is one school in norway but the name is still unknown, ive called all the gymnasiums near the coast close to denmark, ill keep you updated if anything happens, we are 4 studnets, 5 including you. 

• Like 1

I had checked in several schools in several countries but the only two schools had said they offered November retakes, one was called worth school and it was in Gatwick I believe near London (however I think the deadline was 27th of July for this school but you can check just in case). Another one was called st Leonards in st Andrews Scotland. Those were the only two schools that said they would be able to accept retake candidates from outside their school. All other schools either didn't offer or it was only for their students.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PRM said:

Guys! I’m looking to take my exams in november as well. I was checking the UK out but it’s really hard to get ahold of them but if you can find anything in Norway, I wanna be apart of it as well!!

@PRM im going to the uwc after a search of 3 hours. i will hopefully go. so if you want , lets keep in touch. 

15 minutes ago, AntonOd said:

I had checked in several schools in several countries but the only two schools had said they offered November retakes, one was called worth school and it was in Gatwick I believe near London (however I think the deadline was 27th of July for this school but you can check just in case). Another one was called st Leonards in st Andrews Scotland. Those were the only two schools that said they would be able to accept retake candidates from outside their school. All other schools either didn't offer or it was only for their students.

I FOUND A PLACE GUYS GUYS I FOUND A DAMN PLACE. AFTER 4 HOURS OF CALLING AND CHARGING MY STUFF AND CALLING AGAIN, I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FOUND THE PLACE IM CRYING SCREAMING AND AGHHHH. ONE THING ITS CALLED UWC AND I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT, AND I SWEAR I FORGOT IT EXISTED EVEN THOUGHT ITS SUCH A DEMANDING SCHOOL THAT HAS LIKE HIGHEST AVERAGE PASSING RATE. AND ITS LOCATED IN NORTHEN NORWAY AND IS ISOLATED. yes. ahhhhhh its unbelievable. but its really expensive sadhshfaklædahfa like right now im just shock at the prices. but this is like normal i think and i think we just need to todo it. 

4 hours ago, Lion said:

I FOUND A PLACE!!! NORTHERN NORWAY! ARE YOU UP FOR THAT? 

5 minutes ago, hk18 said:

I FOUND A PLACE!!! NORTHERN NORWAY! ARE YOU UP FOR THAT? 

So happy you found one!!! I wouldn't mind it being anywhere in Sweden but I dont think I could go to Norway (as you said it´s really expensive). Yet, I wonder which school, the price and if it was for re-takes or just normal Exams? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lion said:

So happy you found one!!! I wouldn't mind it being anywhere in Sweden but I dont think I could go to Norway (as you said it´s really expensive). Yet, I wonder which school, the price and if it was for re-takes or just normal Exams? 

its UWC, university world college, its really known!! i totally forgot about it, its got normal registration price. and the price of accomodation. but ive tried all the private international schools in sweden. and ive tried all the danish ones, and the danish ones really dissapoint me because there is so much demand on the IB students especially with the grade boundaries where legit some students can get a 2 in one class but still get the 34 points, and still be rejected without an exception just because they got one 2 in their report, and be considered to have failed IB and then the school would not redo the exmas in november. it a real struggle in denmark. i reall hope you the best of luck. and if you change your mind about going to norway dont hesitate to contact me. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hk18 said:

its UWC, university world college, its really known!! i totally forgot about it, its got normal registration price. and the price of accomodation. but ive tried all the private international schools in sweden. and ive tried all the danish ones, and the danish ones really dissapoint me because there is so much demand on the IB students especially with the grade boundaries where legit some students can get a 2 in one class but still get the 34 points, and still be rejected without an exception just because they got one 2 in their report, and be considered to have failed IB and then the school would not redo the exmas in november. it a real struggle in denmark. i reall hope you the best of luck. and if you change your mind about going to norway dont hesitate to contact me. 

Oh wow I had no idea about the situation in Denmark. So unfortunate... And here in Sweden the IB Programme is well known for it´s quality and difficulty but still, they do not value the IB points at all (for Uni)... Anyways, wish you the very best!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hk18 said:

So how much is it? I dont remember what the normal rates for registration and subject fees are.. and also how much is accommodation, did thry tell you? If its reasonable then I’m on board!! I’m so happy you found something tho!!💃🏿💃🏿

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PRM said:

So how much is it? I dont remember what the normal rates for registration and subject fees are.. and also how much is accommodation, did thry tell you? If its reasonable then I’m on board!! I’m so happy you found something tho!!💃🏿💃🏿

okayyyy, so change of plans im going to contact UWC atlantic college in wales because the transportation was ALOT EASIER, basically registration fee in the norway one was 350euros i think its the same for every school, and then every subject is 108 euros, thing is i think this is very normal prices as we ARE REALLY LATE WITH REGISTRATION and we pay the late fee. so yeah travelling can be expensive and hella cheap. so yas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hk18 said:

okayyyy, so change of plans im going to contact UWC atlantic college in wales because the transportation was ALOT EASIER, basically registration fee in the norway one was 350euros i think its the same for every school, and then every subject is 108 euros, thing is i think this is very normal prices as we ARE REALLY LATE WITH REGISTRATION and we pay the late fee. so yeah travelling can be expensive and hella cheap. so yas.

Ohh okay.Keep us posted and I’ll try and check out places tomorrow if you can’t find anything 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PRM said:

Ohh okay.Keep us posted and I’ll try and check out places tomorrow if you can’t find anything 

Im decided to look into UK tmrw morning. Im so depressed and tired of this. The one in norway is booked but uk is also an option so im calling there, uwc atlantic college nada, and there is bremen IB school in germany and they want me to bay double the price for everything so nope. But ive legit had the biggest breakdown cause if this and its absolut **** how our own schools cannot take care of their own students. Ill keep u updated! 

@hk18@PRM

Yeah the price per subject for Nov 2018 is about 200 euros (79 subject fee and a 100 late subject fee). These numbers are for two years ago but shouldnt change much.

You can consider to take it in May 2019 and it is just 79 euros per subject or whatever new price is (not including any profit school may take) and 350 euros registration fee

It is approaching last few days for internal deadlines set by many school for IAs EEs and such. IB does not accept EE after Sept 15 and IA marks (after each school thoroughly grades them) after Oct 30. Most schools set internal deadlines at least 1 month before IB deadlines.