what does "Limitation of content" mean in history and how to write about it?

So, right now I have an assignment in history where I have to write about Friedrich W. Foersters "Europe and The German Question", and now I came to a part where it says "Limitation of content" and idk what I have to write there. I tried to find some answers, for it. But there's nothing. 

8 hours ago, aeo said:

So, right now I have an assignment in history where I have to write about Friedrich W. Foersters "Europe and The German Question", and now I came to a part where it says "Limitation of content" and idk what I have to write there. I tried to find some answers, for it. But there's nothing. 

I think limitation of content means talking about where the source you're looking at falls short as a historical source. Think about what the source is missing (is it a primary or secondary source?) and also see if there's anything about the source that would make you doubt its objectivity (look at the author of the reading, the kind of source it is, its purpose etc.) 

Also disclaimer: I did history HL before the curriculum changed, so expectations might be a bit different, but that's what comes to mind when thinking about a historical source's limitations. 

• Like 1