Social Life in IB

Brownie6

definitely!! i won't lie; ib is a lot of work, but it's not so crazy that you don't have time for anything else, especially if you manage it well - there are people at my school who are national level athletes (so train every spare moment) and they're still managing to mostly keep on top of the work. It only gets to be really too much if you put lots of things off til the last minute, otherwise you'll be absolutely fine and have plenty of time to also enjoy with your friends :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brownie6 said:

I'm going to be starting IB in the fall, and was wondering if I could still keep a social life with my friends outside of the program. It's really important to me and I really don't want to solely be restricted to the others in my class.

Parties every weekend, long game nights, billiards with friends almost everyday after school, lots of movie-trips – yeah no you can still have a huge social life in the IB. 

• Like 1

Don't worry too much! You will still be able to maintain a social life with your friends outside of the program. Speaking from personal experience, I am able to meet up with my friends from other schools for at least once to twice a month where we just hang out together. However, you have to manage your time and workload; if you don't, you will struggle to find time for your friends. 

Hope this helps! :D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, if you're looking for something that suits even busy students, my advice would be to use online dating services. A close friends of mine had great success with using maturetenders.com to find herself a partner. She is a pretty shy person, and for her communicating online was a very positive experience. She now recommends this way of finding a partner to everyone.