Is it possible to major in economics in American,Canadian and British without having economics as a subject and math so as a subject?

Blitzberg

My subjects at the hL level are-physics comp sci and English and at the sl level are chemistry math and Spanish can I major in economics? Thank you so much in advance. And if you have any advice on what I should do further to pursue it please do give me,it will be appreciated. :) 

• 1 month later...

I think it would be easiest to pursue economics by going to university in the US, as you choose your major in your sophomore year and are therefore not applying to a specific course. In Canada it would be more difficult, but probably possible depending on the school. In the UK, it would be practically impossible as you must apply to a specific course and economics and HL math would probably be required. I would say your best bet is to apply to the US. 

On 4/30/2018 at 10:35 AM, Blitzberg said:

My subjects at the hL level are-physics comp sci and English and at the sl level are chemistry math and Spanish can I major in economics? Thank you so much in advance. And if you have any advice on what I should do further to pursue it please do give me,it will be appreciated. :)

Yes, I can guarantee you that you can major in Economics in any U.S. school, and possibly most Canadian or British schools. The mathematics needed for most econ majors are rarely stringent -- typically requiring only 2 semesters of calculus, 1 statistics course, and then applied mathematics integrated over various quantitative econ courses e.g. econometrics.

A background in economics during high school is somewhat uncommon and all schools will have introductory economics modules so you'll be all good.