Predicted grade < Actual grade

My school is doing really poor job on giving informal predicted grades and most of full IB kids got actual grade that is higher than their predicted grade.

For example, last year, this one girl I know was predicted to got 5's & 6's and one 4 in math HL, but ended up getting 6's &  three 7's. (Of course, this is one of the extreme examples)

The problem is, she was waiting listed and ended up not able to get into uni she wanted, but with her actual IB grade, she is very sure she can be accepted. 

She went to whatever uni she got accepted because she was kinda satisfied with that uni as well, but would've it be possible for her to wait another year and apply uni this year with her actual IB grade? or did she had no choice but go to uni she was accepted to. 

Sorry if you don't understand what I'm saying. My brain worked off of its feet for IB exams and is refusing to work.

To be honest it's kind of weird that marks take until July (I think, been a few years) but then most universities are going to start fall semester in August. In fact, I'm pretty sure I had accepted an offer and had already done my initial visit to set up classes and everything else before I even knew what my IB scores were...

But going directly to your question: Yes, it is always possible to wait a year before going to uni, there is nothing saying you can't. However, most scholarships you might've gotten will be gone (because they aren't just going to wait a year when they're giving you free money) and there could be a ton of other variables to make it impossible but as far as whether or not you could or could not wait for results and starting after a year: yes, you can.

Want to also say that you don't have to wait a year. Universities run all of their (ok, most, there are some high level courses that any high school grad won't be getting into that aren't big enough to warrant this) every semester, nothing stopping you from starting in Spring semester after you know your scores/hopefully get into the uni you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drake Glau said:

To be honest it's kind of weird that marks take until July (I think, been a few years) but then most universities are going to start fall semester in August. In fact, I'm pretty sure I had accepted an offer and had already done my initial visit to set up classes and everything else before I even knew what my IB scores were...

But going directly to your question: Yes, it is always possible to wait a year before going to uni, there is nothing saying you can't. However, most scholarships you might've gotten will be gone (because they aren't just going to wait a year when they're giving you free money) and there could be a ton of other variables to make it impossible but as far as whether or not you could or could not wait for results and starting after a year: yes, you can.

Want to also say that you don't have to wait a year. Universities run all of their (ok, most, there are some high level courses that any high school grad won't be getting into that aren't big enough to warrant this) every semester, nothing stopping you from starting in Spring semester after you know your scores/hopefully get into the uni you want.

Correct, July 6th (at least in the last 3 years) for May Sessions.

I think the last paragraph you wrote might be specific to the US, for the UK they (UCAS) have adjustment. Not sure how that would work in canada though