Grade Calculation for MATH SL

ZediLeo

I really had some personal issues and they came between my studies, Where i wasn't able to pay much attention to math. I'm generally not good at math at all. I know for a fact  that IA is 20% of the final mark followed by 40% for paper one and 40% for paper 2. You see I did a good math IA i got like a 16 but  I'm sure the moderator would only take it down once corrected so lets say I get 13-14 in my IA... I had paper one exam today and it was a disaster for me.. I was wondering how much total mark paper 1 or paper 2 Do i need for a 2/7 or 3/7.. How is it all even calculated..

Using raw scores/90 for papers and moderated mark /20 for IA. 

Calculate IA mark + paper 1 raw / 90 * 40 + paper 2 raw / 90 * 40 to get a final grade out of 100. If grade over 20, you get 2; if over 40, you get 3. These are based on released data of past grade boundaries for Timezone 2.

With an IA score of 13, you need 16 raw scores combined across both papers, such as 15 on paper 1 and 1 on paper 2. Essentially with a good IA score as long as you get a question right each paper you can get a 2. For same IA score to get a 3 you need 60 raw scores combined. That's about getting half of the points in part A and a few points in part B.