Is it too late for me?

Hey Guys

I'm in Year 1 of the IB DP, and I'm really having trouble with my grades. My current scores look a little like this:

• Math HL - 5
  • Physics HL - 7
  • Chemistry HL - 5
  • Economics HL - 7
  • French B SL - 4
  • English B SL - 4
  • IB ToK - 7

My current total for IB is about 32/42 (not including ToK and EE). I acknowledge that procrastination is something that I do, but I always make sure that I do as much as I can for any given assignment. My concern is that my score is too low for any good colleges in the US or Canada. I would like to increase my score to at least 35 points. 

Now, I realize that it's too late for there too be much change at this point in the year, but are there any strategies that I could use to improve my score in particular classes (e.g. English and French)? 

Thanks, 
Maharaja Stylo

2 hours ago, Pierre Rheeder said:

Dude, relax you have the hardest subjects in the program and doing extremely well. Obviously, you are lacking on the language and I am not the guy to give you advice but just relax you still have a lot more time and OMW 7 in Physics HL cmon.

Any tips for language? I'm actually ok in French (5-6) but I got a 1 on a single test that pretty much messed up my quarter.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont know what you can do to change the language problem but you seem like a very strong science student and I like your grades apart from the languages. I would advice seek maybe language improvement, maybe taking a home language and english B instead of literature. I tell you this because I took PCM and in my finals, my results came with 6/5 for my languages and that for any STEM IB student sucks because it brings your overall all the way down...so if I could do IB again; I would choose my languages more wisely so I am able to achieve as high as possible in them. There is no need to struggle in a language when you are planning to apply to TOP unis for engineering; you need a higher overall...and your STEM subjects are already good. Luckily, in IB; I was achieving high in the languages so I was able to have a high overall to apply to US unis...and it doesn't affect me to much that my languages dropped my overall because US unis just want to see that you passed the IB, and did not drop too significantly (Unless it's Harvard). So you will need higher predicted than those and its sad to see the langauges are taking your overall down; I think you need to change ASAP because no one get in with your overall even if you had 777 in PCM. By the way; opt for an ''A'' language; maybe your home language ''A''...BUT please improve in english B SL...I know you are smart enough to score better than that!