Struggling with Group 4 subject choice... PLZ HELP!!!

Kil- STRO

Next year, I will be joining the IB DP programme and I would like some suggestions. For my DP, I consider myself as leaning heavily on to Physics and Mathematics, therefore the hope of taking HLs for both. Having the HLs, I've always considered taking the other 5 subjects, as milder as possible, so I can focus more of my time on Mathematics and Physics than other subjects. However, the problem I ran into was considering my 6th SL subject, which I thought of keeping as another Group 4 subject. Initially, I thought of Chemistry, but the fact that I am trying to reduce workload, to give time for Maths and Physics, takes that way, as I heard Chemistry Sl, deserves a lot of work in order to well in class or just earn 7. Then I considered, Biology which is in fact, leads to another contradiction to my knowledge. My minds could be described as an analytical one, therefore it wouldn't be eligible to heavy memorizations and learning by heart, as seen in Biology. This, therefore, leaves me with ESS, which seems like the most appropriate one for my situation, at least that is what I think. 

I hope, anyone can give me some advice on which subject should I take, prior to what I like and my abilities. The choices presently include ESS and Chemistry. FYI, I have very small about of interest in both Chemistry and ESS, but Biology is way out of my league, that is prior to what my mind can handle. 

Subjects: 

HL (Physics, Maths, Business)

SL (group 4 subject unknown, Spanish, English)

4 hours ago, Kil- STRO said:

Next year, I will be joining the IB DP programme and I would like some suggestions. For my DP, I consider myself as leaning heavily on to Physics and Mathematics, therefore the hope of taking HLs for both. Having the HLs, I've always considered taking the other 5 subjects, as milder as possible, so I can focus more of my time on Mathematics and Physics than other subjects. However, the problem I ran into was considering my 6th SL subject, which I thought of keeping as another Group 4 subject. Initially, I thought of Chemistry, but the fact that I am trying to reduce workload, to give time for Maths and Physics, takes that way, as I heard Chemistry Sl, deserves a lot of work in order to well in class or just earn 7. Then I considered, Biology which is in fact, leads to another contradiction to my knowledge. My minds could be described as an analytical one, therefore it wouldn't be eligible to heavy memorizations and learning by heart, as seen in Biology. This, therefore, leaves me with ESS, which seems like the most appropriate one for my situation, at least that is what I think. 

I hope, anyone can give me some advice on which subject should I take, prior to what I like and my abilities. The choices presently include ESS and Chemistry. FYI, I have very small about of interest in both Chemistry and ESS, but Biology is way out of my league, that is prior to what my mind can handle. 

Subjects: 

HL (Physics, Maths, Business)

SL (group 4 subject unknown, Spanish, English)

If you're convinced you want to take a Group 4 subject, then Chemistry SL should not be too difficult. It's quite easy if you okay did MYP Chemistry. Just make sure you learn a lot from the textbook, since it has several sample IB style questions. 

5 hours ago, Kil- STRO said:

My school doesn't provide psychology, but do you really think history SL would be easier in terms of workload and acquiring higher grade. 

I can't comment on your ability, so I can't say. But I've seen people getting 4 or 5 in HL get 7 when they dropped to SL

No, it's not that fact that I am interested or not. In fact, I am not even THAT interested in Chemistry. As long it is within my metal capabilities of ease, I am good with it. 

Like in MYP, I honestly am not interested in any subjects apart from Science and Maths, but I still get 6, 7 and 8s, not because the subject means something to me, but rather for the sake of getting good grades. 

So... WHAT is it going to be? 

What do you recommend me the most, as you've good a better insight over my thoughts?

4 hours ago, Kil- STRO said:

No, it's not that fact that I am interested or not. In fact, I am not even THAT interested in Chemistry. As long it is within my metal capabilities of ease, I am good with it. 

Like in MYP, I honestly am not interested in any subjects apart from Science and Maths, but I still get 6, 7 and 8s, not because the subject means something to me, but rather for the sake of getting good grades. 

So... WHAT is it going to be? 

What do you recommend me the most, as you've good a better insight over my thoughts?

If you're looking for grades, then Econ SL would be the way to go. However, the exam for economics is arguably hard. It requires a lot of reading and understanding, but if you simply pay attention in class, you'll do fine

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm talking on the behalf of someone who does not like econ or business. Don't take it if you're not interested in it. I know a bunch of people who want to drop because they regret taking the class, having no interest in it. I take chemistry SL and coming from someone who is not a science person, I kinda suck at chem. I was nervous when I chose the course (I'm almost done with year one of IB) but I have to say chemistry SL is not as bad as I thought it would be. If you study consistently, I think chemistry is the best and most chill option if you compare it to business or econ (which requires lots of memorization and concepts to understand and a little math according to people) but that's all up to you and your ability to decide. I'm not sure about history because my school offers global politics (I take it as HL) and it's one of the easiest classes I've ever had because you just use your common sense to understand the world around you. I heard that history is similar to glopo but again, you'd have to look into more detail to see how much work history has

It may/will backfire if you want to spend as little as possible on the other four subjects. About 2-3 hours daily for math and physics HL combined is enough to get good grades. I think chemistry is likely the easiest because the learning method is similar to Math HL, ie just doing problems and ask questions when in doubt. I don't recommend ESS because I have yet to see a method to get or get close to a 7 in that subject. Chemistry is also likely the most useful in terms of post-secondary applications. I didn't take Econ but I heard once you get over the conceptual stuff in micro it's not too hard either.