Math IA Golden ratio

ibsurvivingnew

Hey guys, I'm planning on doing my math IA on the golden ratio but the golden ratio on facial structure is done a lot, so my teacher suggested that I do it on a mix of architecture, nature and facial structure. Is this a good idea, or does it make more sense to focus on one of these. Also I read somewhere that the Fibonacci sequence is out of the HL portion too, is it ? and if it is, does it make sense for me to do it anyways ? Also this is my first IA in IB so I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to approach it and my teacher is not being of much help. Do you guys have any ideas or can help in any way ? 

I think Numberphile on youtube has (or would have) videos on Fibonacci sequence. The sequence, and other similar recursive sequences are of interest, not just prevalent. If you want to go bit deeper in the pure math side you could do that. Just describe where fibonacci sequence is found, may be less able to showcase your math understanding than you would like. Also be sure to NOT jam too many content just to meet 12 page because with more content it could be harder to organize. The IA should be informative, organized, and accessible to a fellow SL student.  

• 2 years later...