So I will be doing my Extended Essay on either China's Cultural Revolution or before it; specifically, either the Red Guard, the Wuhan Incident or the Hundred Flowers Campaign. 

But I'm wondering where I could find primary sources.

Are there any specific websites or books? Any online archives that I could access?

Any pictures, newspaper/magazine articles, etc. from the time would be really useful! Also figures and statistics (of anything) would be great, but it's difficult to find them, especially for individual cities.

I'm not sure about this, but I think that the Chinese government hasn't actually released any primary sources and so the only ones historians have are diaries, letters, photographs and interviews. I just want to verify this though as I don't remember the details!

15 hours ago, IB_taking_over said:

https://www.marxists.org/subject/china/index.htm might have some relevant stuff. I haven't really looked at the China materials, but they seem to have a decent sized collection. 

Thanks so much! This looks great!

I'm wondering if there are also any online archives of the People's Daily or any other newspapers/magazines from the time. 

On 5/12/2018 at 7:17 AM, Allemande135 said:

Thanks so much! This looks great!

I'm wondering if there are also any online archives of the People's Daily or any other newspapers/magazines from the time. 

There's this: https://www.oriprobe.com/peoplesdaily.shtml 

But you need to see if your school bought a subscription from them (which is probably unlikely...), so you can try to see if you can access the free trial from them. Doesn't hurt to try, I suppose.

Good luck.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:51 PM, Allemande135 said:

So I will be doing my Extended Essay on either China's Cultural Revolution or before it; specifically, either the Red Guard, the Wuhan Incident or the Hundred Flowers Campaign. 

But I'm wondering where I could find primary sources.

Are there any specific websites or books? Any online archives that I could access?

Any pictures, newspaper/magazine articles, etc. from the time would be really useful! Also figures and statistics (of anything) would be great, but it's difficult to find them, especially for individual cities.

I'm not sure about this, but I think that the Chinese government hasn't actually released any primary sources and so the only ones historians have are diaries, letters, photographs and interviews. I just want to verify this though as I don't remember the details!

Check out this website: https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/index.asp (one of my former history profs would use some of these sources in his lectures)