How to quote something of unknown origin?

sriram764

6 hours ago, sriram764 said:

So I wanted to use the quote: "If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains the same" for my TOK presentation about the death penalty. The thing is, it doesn't really have a known origin. How do I quote and cite this?

Even though you want to use this quote, it would be a lot better to not cite it because you don't know the origins of it (there could be something very sketchy about the person/work this quote came from). 

20 hours ago, sriram764 said:

So I wanted to use the quote: "If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains the same" for my TOK presentation about the death penalty. The thing is, it doesn't really have a known origin. How do I quote and cite this?

You can try to quote it APA style as an unknown author and date. It would look in a basic way as (NA, ND) but as what Shooting star said would be best to not use the exact quote. You can slightly change it to make it something you said if it was a paper but if your doing a presentation gets harder. 

Here is Con quote  I like as well as more here what have an author and a source. The death penalty not only takes away the life of the person strapped to the table - it takes away a little bit of the humanity in each of us. The death penalty not only takes away the life of the person strapped to the table - it takes away a little bit of the humanity in each of us.
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/death_penalty

If you still want to use the quote above here is how you will do it, you can use this site The death penalty not only takes away the life of the person strapped to the table - it takes away a little bit of the humanity in each of us.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/death_penalty