Picking up IB grades

Aditya123

I am studying in 11th grade right now, and my second semester (final semester) report will be shared in a week. And I am sure that I did not do as well as I might have been able to do. In the first semester I got a 32/42 for my overall grades, and in this semester I am looking at approximately 34/42 maybe a 35. both times, my internal grades hurt my final grades, and this time the corrections were rather skewed, biased and disproportionate. I should be getting a 35-3/42 but because of the grading, my grade is where it is. It is also my fault for not having done some of the assignments, and I think I may have taken this year lightly, because I did extremely well in 10th grade. I was wondering, how important your 11th grade grades are for universities in the US? And also, if I do work hard and get a 38-40/42 next year during the first semester, would that be able to cover for my bad grades now?