Chemistry IA Help !!

IBdyinglol

Hey guys,

I have actually finished my Chem IA (draft is due in a month) but I think I screwed up. My question is 'What is the mass percentage of calcium carbonate in Hawkesbury Limestone' (a type of limestone where I live). I realised I can't do any graphs or anything and can only calculate mass percentage for 5 samples then average them.

Is this really bad and what can I do if so? I'm not aiming to get a 7 in Chem but at least a 5/6 (SL).

Cheers !!!

Edited by IBdyinglol

I don't mean to scare you, but pretty much all chem IAs should have an independent and dependent variable. In other words, the title should be something like "how does x affect y?". There is only one variable in your title, the mass percentage of calcium carbonate. This would make you fall short for exploration, analysis, and maybe evaluation criteria.

I don't know what kind of data you collected or what method you used to find the percentage of calcium carbonate, so you could potentially use some of your data to serve as your independent variable then restructure the IA around that. For example, pH of surrounding water could be your independent variable  (idk if this is a relevant variable since I don't know anything about the stone, I'm just making this up) and mass percentage of CaCO3 could be your dependent variable.

Good luck :)