HOW TO STUDY BM

Hi... Can someone tell me how to study BM?. i am taking BM HL as an online course and i really regret it. Can someone recommend a book and a revision guide that would help me at least get a 5?

as well as I've noticed that BM is not only memorization, so can someone also recommend a way of studying this subject :( 😢 

• 2 months later...

Seems like you haven't gotten much help here yet... But if you're still looking for an answer to your question: I'm a BM HL student myself and almost everyone uses the BM book by Paul Hoang, I have the 3rd edition. I'd recommend it. I can't recommend any revision guides though, sorry...

I don't self-study, but I'd say reading the book, taking notes/condensing the information and doing all the exercises as well as you can is your best bet. I think that the vocabulary in BM is maybe the most important thing, you should try flash cards and quizlet. For my last test, all I did to revise was a huge BM vocab quizlet and I managed a 7. In addition to the vocabulary, knowing the correct way to answer specific questions in the test is really important. There's a section in the book about exam technique, but there are some more helpful websites you could check out. Here's a link I just found that might start you off: https://www.ibmastery.com/blog/how-to-answer-ib-business-management-questions 

Apart from vocabulary and knowing the exam technique, you should know the CUEGIS concepts inside and out! I hope you knew this already, but you're going to have to write a mini essay about a real life business using the CUEGIS concepts in the finals. You should definitely start collecting pertinent information about that business now, so you won't have trouble writing about it when the time comes. My teacher made us do a slideshow about our business, and just fill it in throughout the year. The headings we have in our (still unfinished) presentation are: Basic information, competitors/market share, CSR practices and policies, stakeholders, brand, target market, four P's of marketing, ATL and BTL promotion, HR practices and policies, recent news, and the CUEGIS concepts.

I hope this at least got you started!