Should I aim for 7 in HL Econ final exam?

Kevin1031

I am a junior (rising senior) and my grades are:

Semester 1
Physics HL - 6
Economics HL - 6
Art HL - 6
English LangLit SL - 6
Korean LangLit SL - 6
Math SL - 7
TOK - A (7)

Semester 2
Physics HL - 6
Economics HL - NOT FINALIZED (will be 6 or 7)
Art HL - 7
English LangLit SL - 6
Korean LangLit SL - 6
Math SL - NOT FINALIZED (probably 7)
TOK - A (7)

The thing is, my grades showed a consistent increase from year 9, and I don't want to end up with a plateau or downfall at the end. (thought it would look bad for universities)

I have econ finals coming up very soon and if I get a 6 or 7, my S2 econ grade will be 7. I am very confident that I can do this. However, the problem is that if I get three 7's and three 6's this semester, it will be far too difficult to show improvement next semester. Even if I intentionally get a 6 in S2 econ, I can still show improvement from S1 to S2 (my art went from 6 to 7).

What should I do?

Hey.

So if you "plateau" so to say with getting a 7 overall in HL, so one will complain. If you maintain your present grade levels, you'll be in good shape. If you're talking from a uni standpoint, I don't see any real benefit in tanking and getting a 6 now just to push it up next sem. Rather, maintain a 7 throughout.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Personally, there is no need to lower your score so that you can improve afterwards. Rather, you should do yourself a favour and keep trying to aim for 7s in your weaker subject while maintaining your grades for other subjects.