How to effectively use summer between IB1 and IB2

macbakeib88

My summer holidays will be starting in around a month's time, and i am looking for tips on how to use this summer effectively? 

Also, I haven't done any IAs yet in my first year of IB (I will have maths, psych and chemistry to do in the second year), so I'm just wondering how I can prepare for this during summer. If anyone also has experience in what IB year 1 is like compared to IB year 2, please let me know! 

Thank you :)

IB is not generally difficult enough that you need to study 10 hours a day everyday during summer to get a good grade. You can in your free time become more familiar with ib questions and grading standards, work on weak points from year 1, and do most of CAS. School set their own schedule for Y1 and Y2, but generally assignments become more frequent and content is more difficult. In some subjects, such as maths, chemistry, physics and economics, many topics are based on previous units so it's very important that you build a strong foundation. Other subjects like Language B, improvement takes long commitment and if you are not comfortable with your language B then you can try immerse in environments of that language by listening to radio or read or watch TV.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2018 at 2:08 PM, macbakeib88 said:

My summer holidays will be starting in around a month's time, and i am looking for tips on how to use this summer effectively? 

Also, I haven't done any IAs yet in my first year of IB (I will have maths, psych and chemistry to do in the second year), so I'm just wondering how I can prepare for this during summer. If anyone also has experience in what IB year 1 is like compared to IB year 2, please let me know! 

Thank you :)

Hi, I am currently having my break now. I am not really intending to use this break to revise because it will be the last break that you will actually have since the other "breaks" or "holidays" you will have is going to be used for school work. So, I guess you should try to relax and perhaps do some revision on your weaker subjects.