IA plagiarism

Hello!

I finished my May 2018's exams but I checked my English IA works before I deleted the files from my laptop. I checked the one that I submitted as my final IA and noticed that some of the facts and quotes have not been cited properly. I kinda gave credit to the source tho like "According to...", "Wendy Hawks said {insert quote}", "From GQ magazine..." but stupid me did not cite it. I checked my plagiarism rate which was 5-9% (some reworded, some wrote similarly to the source). I did not receive any plagiarism notification on April to May and I emailed my IB coordinator and he said that it will be ok as there was no notification. I don't know but will I fail my IB diploma? I have been reading a lot of blogs and some people have failed because of plagiarism and some examiners don't give notifications which means that diploma can be failed. I'm not sure tho, please help  

Edited by nongpassorn

It's true; if you don't receive notification before end of your exams you will not be accused of academic dishonest for IA and other non-examination components. In most cases, IAs that are submitted to IB before April are usually moderated before the exams. In addition, IB does not emphasize on penalizing improper citation formats. That is, when you mentioned GQ magazine in the sentence or paragraph, it is insufficient to show that you have attempted to give credit and did not meant to make it sound original. 

Hope that eases any anxiety.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kw0573 said:

It's true; if you don't receive notification before end of your exams you will not be accused of academic dishonest for IA and other non-examination components. In most cases, IAs that are submitted to IB before April are usually moderated before the exams. In addition, IB does not emphasize on penalizing improper citation formats. That is, when you mentioned GQ magazine in the sentence or paragraph, it is insufficient to show that you have attempted to give credit and did not meant to make it sound original. 

Hope that eases any anxiety.

Thank you so much !!!