How hard would English A SL be if...

Hey, I'll be joining IB DP next year. I chose English A, SL as part of my group 1 choice (FYI, I wanted to avoid English A at all cost, but I didn't have a choice). 

Honestly, I am really weak in reading and analysing text and I feel concerned regarding the state I might be in as a IB English student during my DP years.  I am just wondering how difficult English A would be, if I am not really that good in reading, understanding and analysing text, in terms of DP standards. However, I did fairly well in my MYP years as I aced my report with a 5, due to my decency in some analysis and creative writing. 

Plz help with my situation...              

Just like in MYP, DP offers both a Literature ("Lit") course and a Language and Literature ("Lang/Lit") course for each Group 1 Language. I guess if you got 5 out of 8 in MYP then you can expect to get a 4-5 out of 7 in DP as well. Lang/Lit has both creative writing and literary analysis, but Lit is nearly exclusively literary analysis. Lang/Lit might be a bit easier for you but both could be challenging. Though it is very unlikely you'll end up with less than a 4 if you work very hard at each assignment. 

14 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

Just like in MYP, DP offers both a Literature ("Lit") course and a Language and Literature ("Lang/Lit") course for each Group 1 Language. I guess if you got 5 out of 8 in MYP then you can expect to get a 4-5 out of 7 in DP as well. Lang/Lit has both creative writing and literary analysis, but Lit is nearly exclusively literary analysis. Lang/Lit might be a bit easier for you but both could be challenging. Though it is very unlikely you'll end up with less than a 4 if you work very hard at each assignment. 

Like for my first term of creative writing, I aced 6 for all my criterions. But for my final term, I had to write an argumentative essay on a book called Persepolis. I did work hard and did an extensive analysis of my chosen extract. My teacher says, that my analysis has gone through some ups and downs (sometimes as in; YOU NAILED IT! and sometime as; HMM, YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN) But that was a draft. When  I did my exam, I got a 5 for Criterion A, 5 for Criterion B and, 3 for Criterion D. I was told, that my handwritten was rubbish (which it is), that confused most my writings and that teacher wasn't able to follow most of my sentences and words, hence the 3 for Criterion D. She also told me that, Criterion D, massively impacts the other criteria, which means I could have gotten better in Criterion A & B, if I got my handwriting right. So, my teacher and I both think, it is the handwriting (which can be fixable) and some faulty analysis, is the problem with my essays. But I kinda, feel as if for DP, I need to up my game for analysis and thus I stated my analysis in MYP level 5-6 standards might not meet DP. 

So, do you think such normal - decent grade MYP level analysis would lead me to a 3 or a 4 in DP - even if I give a little effort in ENGLISH A  SL, next year?

You should give consistent effort, such as at least reading all your books. I'll just say you have the capability to at least score a 4. I think if you give time to revise all assignments at least once before you submit then you will get at least a 4.

I don't think simply by fixing your handwriting you can get full marks. In an exam, it is best to spend few minutes to plan out your essay. When you revise, try use the more simple and straightforward ways to express your point. That should also make your writing easier to read.