How to use summer to prep for second year of IB?

mawinnie

I'm almost done with year one of IB and am just about to start summer. I want to use this summer to study wisely but the amount of content is so overwhelming in addition to having to come up with IA plans. My weaknesses include biology, chemistry and math (all mock predictions of 5). I want to boost my grade to 7's but so far I've only been getting, at most, B's and have remained within this range without boosting to the A range no matter how much I try. How can I improve? What can I do within this summer to prepare for senior year and get better? Any tips on studying/experience with your summers? (pls dont tell me to "enjoy" my summer bc I'm literally on the verge of falling to a 4 and I want to do better)

Edited by mawinnie

I am on the same page as you. as well as my predicted grades for everything is a 4. 

I heard that having an effective plan would be helpful as finishing  50% of your IA's and EE so then you would focus more on the subjects. One of my weakest subjects is chemistry, my teacher advised me to study from different books during the summer to have a strong foundation, and taking notes. He said that this would help me get a 6 or maybe  7 on how much I try different sources to understand one unit etc. 

I hope you find this helpful, but am still trying to find a better way :) 

goodluck!