How many sources should you have for a History Extended Essay?

How many different factors or reasons should you cover?

I don't believe there is a set number for any of these.

I would imagine at least 10 sources would be sufficient, but it's ultimately the quality over the quantity. 

3 reasons is generally a good number, but again you can add more if you see fit. You want enough that you've adequately defended your thesis but few enough so that you can be in-depth and show more than just summary. 

• Like 2

I'm in the middle of writing my history EE and I have a TON of sources. However, I chose a rather obscure subject so most commonly there's only a little bit of information actually pertinent to my thesis in each source. 

At least ten sources seem like a good number...just be sure to have primary sources!

• Like 1

Don't know if there is a fixed number, but I went for 14ish sources.  But like IB_Taking_over said, quality>quantity.

Also, I think 3 claims, with a counterclaim for each, is a good way to do it. So essentially 3 points, with a counterclaim which you prove to be false/dismiss

• Like 2