How to get a 6 in hl

Emma_sar

I'm now finishing year 11 and I got a 3 on my paper 2 final exam. Generally I am a 6 student but due to procrastination this semester I began studying a week before the exams. I want to study nutrition which is why I took chemistry hl but now I have the issue that i need a 6 to get accepted into uni. I don't wanna change schools and not do the ib nor do I want to repeat the grade. Please help, how do I boost my grade?

Hey Emma_sar, I would say a 3 is good considering you started studying only a week before exams! Chem HL is one of those courses that you need to keep up with on a regular basis.  I would say 45 min. to an hour a night.  You need to make sure that you are doing plenty of IB style practice problems.  The trick now would be to go back and fill in the gaps from the material that you are not feeling so confident in.  I have taught HL Chemistry for the past 6 years and I would be happy to help you catch up if you would like.  Check out my website (4to7.net) for more details.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much DrW! The topic I'm struggling the most and the one that appears in every exam is stoichiometry. I still can't grasp how you do mole calculation. The easy ones I can do but when it comes to determining for example excess reagent I block.

Hi Emma_sar, I just dropped a worksheet and it's key into the Notes and Files section of this site.  The worksheet uses something called a BCA chart to keep track of reagents Before the reaction, that Change and After a reaction.  It is a simple way to structure LR problems that can be thrown away once you get used to it, but it helps with the concepts.

Good Luck!

07_ws 3-key.pdf

Worksheet 3 Limiting Reagent.pdf