What was your IOP topic?

dexter

2 hours ago, novialong said:

What a coincidence! I have decided to do mine on "relationship advice with Wilde", so I will have letters from people telling their own relationship problems and I will bring those letters and consult Oscar Wilde. His responses will mainly be quotes from the play. Do you remember how the two students structured their IOPs last year by any chance? thank you

I don't remember too well, but I think one of them did a simple Google Slides presentation, where they provided a summary, asked the question, and then conveyed their ideas. Last two slides were the conclusion. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Mine was looking at the development of suicidal themes in Sylvia Plath's final poetry in relation to her husband, family and societal pressures. I presented it as a diary entry. It was lot's of fun, and was great, because it was mainly acting and I got to work with different techniques and it was easy to incorporate quotes. I got 28/30 for the IOP in HL English.

• 3 months later...

My topic was "Women's Independence in 1800's America as Depicted by Kate Chopin". I talked about how Kate Chopin used the symbolism of the ocean and types of birds in The Awakening to support the claim that in 1800's America, due to the social expectations of the time, women could never truly experience freedom.

I did my IOP on appearance vs. reality in Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter. It was about his use of irony to depict the corrupt and hypocritical nature of the three male characters Governor Bellingham, Roger Chillingworth, and Reverend Dimmesdale.

I did my IOP last year and it was on the book The Princess Bride and I went through each character, saying if they were a hero or a villain and gave text examples from the book. It's pretty basic lol but i basically went through each characteristic of each character presented and said which side the reader would most likely say their on, or if they're both a hero and a villain and why.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/7/2014 at 10:34 AM, TremendousEgg said:

My topic was the theme of depression in Spiegelman's "Maus". I got 25/30. :)

im chosing the same graphic novel, mind giving some tips to get in the higher bands of marks? btw my iop is next week

• 10 months later...