Which IB Math Class to Take?

AngelaTang

So I'm currently a freshman (9th Grade) taking Algebra II/Trig, and was wondering which math class to take next year (10th Grade). The choice is between SL or HL math. I have gotten pretty different information from various sources. 

Plan #1:

10th Grade: SL Math

11th Grade: HL Math 1

12th Grade: HL Math 2

Plan #1: 

10th Grade: HL Math 1

11th Grade: HL Math 2

12th Grade: AP Stats

My guidance counselor recommended that I do plan #1 because I have consistently gotten good scores in Math, but others have told me that plan #2 was better because I would take three years of IB math, rather than two. So I'm rather conflicted with my choice right now.

Thanks for any input!

The difference is that starting from Fall 2019, two new math courses will replace Further, HL, SL, Studies , and each will be offered at both HL and SL (availability depends on the school). I like HL then stats because your teachers are very familiar with the current syllabus. Downside is that HL gets hard fast. Advantage to SL then HL is that you get youvet time toget usedto IB, but the HL will then be a new syllabus 

• 1 month later...

I dont think unis care about how many years you took IB. My previous response stands that IB math syllabus will change next year (for first exams in 2021). I think statistics may be very useful but which path to go is your choice. Math HL will be difficult but should be doable considering you finished trig.