So I am trying to get my math IA done this summer but am having a hard time choosing a topic that I like. I am really interested in film and cinematography and would like to incorporate it in my math IA but have found nothing on math ia topics that involved film from past math IA topics. I decided that I would come up with my own math IA exploration that has not been done before. My topic/question is "Does movies/films that use the Fibonacci sequence and Golden Ratio make high profits compared to movies that don't?" Is this a good idea for a math IA topic? Could I make it better? Are there any other math IA topics that involve film or cinematography? Is there other ways I can involve film and cinematography in my IA like through geometry, conditional probability, etc.? What general topics make for a high marked IA? What makes for a good IA?

Also these are my other topics for a math IA if film doesn't work out are: 

Modelling Infectious Diseases

Medical Data Mining

Finger Ratio Predicts Maths Ability?

Modelling a Nuclear War

Are these good topics that could get a high mark? Between 18/20 to 20/20? I am also interested in a topic in healthcare/medicine. Any topic ideas for that?

All replies are appreciated, Thanks.

In general, high-scoring IAs are well-organized, precise in the math descriptions, at least at SL level, and to some extent, creative. For typical purposes, 16-17 should be considered as high scores.

With that said, your grade depends on mostly your approach, rather than your topic choice. How do you plan to explore your topic? What math (in syllabus) do you plan to use?