I need help choosig a topic for my History IA

faith_wheeler

I have to submit a potential History IA topic by July 21st. I'm not allowed to choose anything after 2000. I live in Mobile, AL just in case anybody would like to know so they can help m find a topic. If anybody would like to let me know how they came about their topic idea that would be cool. I currently have no interests or ideas of what direction I'm heading in for my topic.

Lacking ideas for your IA is a common problem. You could start by reviewing the topics you've studied already in history and see if you find any of them particularly interesting. Don't just look at the IB topics you've done; you could also look into history topics you covered before the IB. I recommend you choose something related to a topic you've studied already in the IB, since you will have a decent background on your topic and your textbook might mention historians and other sources you could use.

If this doesn't help, why don't you think about a historical movie or book you've watched and enjoyed? You can choose the time period or event that that movie/book is based on. Just make sure that your topic is something that interests you (even if you think you don't have any interests) since you will be spending a lot of your time researching and writing about it.