MATH IA HELP ASAP

Sope

I'm gonna do my IA on the Fibonacci sequence in nature (or more specifically plant life) so can someone help me with the personal engagement part because I literally am the most uninterested person in Math ever but I have parents to not disappoint

30 minutes ago, Lixter said:

Perhaps you could just say that you are a nature enthusiast and always found it to be interesting. Something along these lines, I guess? Hope this helps! :D

Thank you for this- I already managed to get help from a friend, who told me the same thing :)

Personal engagement is more about what you did that makes your IA different from another one of a similar topic. Unlike group 4 personal engagement, math p.e. worth more (4 out of 20) and you should think more carefully (it's not anything that one sentence would be enough). Basically going a page about how you are a nature enthusiast gets you about 1 out of 4 because it has nothing to do with the math. Generally, you could note down what you find curious about this sequence in relation of other math topics (for example how it compares and contrasts with arithmetic and geometric sequences). Basically anything original count as personal engagement. 

I am not sure how exactly you are approaching this but just make sure you talk about math at the SL level and not be too qualitative. 

On 6/28/2018 at 3:21 PM, kw0573 said:

Personal engagement is more about what you did that makes your IA different from another one of a similar topic. Unlike group 4 personal engagement, math p.e. worth more (4 out of 20) and you should think more carefully (it's not anything that one sentence would be enough). Basically going a page about how you are a nature enthusiast gets you about 1 out of 4 because it has nothing to do with the math. Generally, you could note down what you find curious about this sequence in relation of other math topics (for example how it compares and contrasts with arithmetic and geometric sequences). Basically anything original count as personal engagement. 

I am not sure how exactly you are approaching this but just make sure you talk about math at the SL level and not be too qualitative. 

Thanks, I'll be sure to take that into consideration when doing my actual IA :)