IB diploma not rewareded... Need help asap..

zoonher

As the IB results are out today, I wasn't able to recieve such good news about it.

I got the required above 24 points, but IB diploma is not awarded as I did not recieve 12 points or above for HLs.

The real confusion comes here. I got accepted into Tamkang University in Taiwan, Department of International Business using my IB predicted scores and english proficiency score.

As far as I know, the university just wants to know if I successfully completed 12 years of school and wants a graduation certificate, which is seperate from IB diploma.

However, I am still worried if my acceptance to the unviersity will be jeopardized due to the lack of IB diploma.

I'm in deep panic and I need help right now. Do any of you know if there were people who were in a similar sitation as me and how they solved it. Additionally information related to Tamkang University will be very helpful.

Thank you so much for reading my concern.

I hope you all got great results and a wonderful day.

HI,

I had a friend who did not get his IB Diploma but his university only wanted him to graduate school, which he did, so he was accepted into university. So yes, people do have the same problem as you, it depends on the university's admissions policy.

Do you have a separate high school graduation diploma? If you do, and that's the only required document by the university, you should be fine. However, you should contact your university as soon as possible, tell them what happened in detail and they'll tell you what to do. If they don't care about your IB scores, then you are still in uni. 

However, if your university says you need your IB Diploma, you should ask for a remark on at last one HL (whichever was closest to the grade boundary. If your remark doesn't bring your score to 12 HL points, you might need to consider signing up for resits. You can find a lot of help online regarding resits and what to do. But for now, don't think that far - talk to your university first and see what happens.

Good luck!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AndresLopez said:

HI,

I had a friend who did not get his IB Diploma but his university only wanted him to graduate school, which he did, so he was accepted into university. So yes, people do have the same problem as you, it depends on the university's admissions policy.

Do you have a separate high school graduation diploma? If you do, and that's the only required document by the university, you should be fine. However, you should contact your university as soon as possible, tell them what happened in detail and they'll tell you what to do. If they don't care about your IB scores, then you are still in uni. 

However, if your university says you need your IB Diploma, you should ask for a remark on at last one HL (whichever was closest to the grade boundary. If your remark doesn't bring your score to 12 HL points, you might need to consider signing up for resits. You can find a lot of help online regarding resits and what to do. But for now, don't think that far - talk to your university first and see what happens.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the long reply!

I found out that the university only wants to know if I successfully graduated high school, not the IB diploma.

I'm planning to ask my high school for the graduation certificate.

Again thank you for the reply and hope you have a great day

• Like 1