Switching my 7th subject after exams

_helpneeded1

Hi everyone,

I got my IB results today and i did not pass sadly. However, history is my 7th subject and if I switch it with my 6th subject which is French I would pass. Im just wondering if its a thing that could be done so that history would be on my actual diploma and French be the additional subject. 

Thank you guys in advance

All I can say is that if IB were to approve this change, they would be making an exception to their rules, just for you. Furthermore, if you took French as a group 1, you need to have another group 1; if it was French B, you need to have another group 2. That is, you must still have a subject from each of groups 1-5. 

I have Danish in group 1 and English B in group 2 and then French in group 2 as well so technically it would not change anything since I have a subject in each of the groups 1-5. But can you send me a link or something to their specific ruling on the subject? 

From 2018 Assessment Procedures 

page 98 A diploma session candidate may also register for an additional subject (or subjects) that does not contribute to the award of the diploma.

page 108 Between the second and final registration deadline The final registration deadline is 15 April/15 October, about two weeks before the written examinations.

page 120 Changes to registrations that are submitted after the second registration deadline (15 January/15 July) will be held pending approval from staff at the Assessment Division, IB Global Centre, Cardiff. A candidate’s status at this time will show as “Pending approval”. You will be sent a confirmation email when the amendment has been either accepted or rejected.

Most importantly, you needed to register/finalize what is diploma what is additional by April 15 before the exams. 

Finally, if you are looking for the exact phrasing "IB forbids candidates to switch subjects after issue of results" I think that may be silly and the document linked should provide sufficient justification why you can't do that.