How successful is it to challenge your IB score if you were one point away from the diploma?

Hi Everyone!

First off I would like to apologize for the rant that I am about to embark on. So yesterday I decided to log in and check my ****ing IB score just to see that I was not awarded the diploma. That in itself is depressing but what's worse is that I was one point off from that **** diploma that I busted my ass off for. What's more sad is that I was one point off from upper boundary for three ****ing subjects. I was thinking about appealing the grades but that ****s like $200. My broke ass can't afford especially when I spent my money on IA projects just to get moderated down. Like should I start a gofundme page or something? But also if I do end up challenging the grades is it worth it? And what subjects should I challenge? I thought I was alright after crying myself to sleep yesterday but I'm not, I'm pissed off. Also should I sue IB for emotional trauma? Thank you for all your guys help!

My grades/ subjects:

ENGLISH A: Literature HL :4  - Five points from upper boundary

SPANISH AB. SL: 4 - One point from upper boundary

History Europe HL in English: 4 - One point from upper boundary

BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH: 4 - Two points from upper boundary

PHYSICS SL in ENGLISH: 4 - Eleven points from upper boundary

MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH: 3 - One point from upper boundary

LITERATURE AND PERFORMANCE EE: D Three points from upper boundary

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH: C - Five points from upper boundary

I'm also very sorry that you have to see such ugly Ib grades.

Pls tell me what I should do. 

On 7/7/2018 at 11:26 PM, IBVictim10000 said:

Hi Everyone!

First off I would like to apologize for the rant that I am about to embark on. So yesterday I decided to log in and check my ****ing IB score just to see that I was not awarded the diploma. That in itself is depressing but what's worse is that I was one point off from that **** diploma that I busted my ass off for. What's more sad is that I was one point off from upper boundary for three ****ing subjects. I was thinking about appealing the grades but that ****s like $200. My broke ass can't afford especially when I spent my money on IA projects just to get moderated down. Like should I start a gofundme page or something? But also if I do end up challenging the grades is it worth it? And what subjects should I challenge? I thought I was alright after crying myself to sleep yesterday but I'm not, I'm pissed off. Also should I sue IB for emotional trauma? Thank you for all your guys help!

My grades/ subjects:

ENGLISH A: Literature HL :4  - Five points from upper boundary

SPANISH AB. SL: 4 - One point from upper boundary

History Europe HL in English: 4 - One point from upper boundary

BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH: 4 - Two points from upper boundary

PHYSICS SL in ENGLISH: 4 - Eleven points from upper boundary

MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH: 3 - One point from upper boundary

LITERATURE AND PERFORMANCE EE: D Three points from upper boundary

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH: C - Five points from upper boundary

I'm also very sorry that you have to see such ugly Ib grades.

Pls tell me what I should do. 

Hi,

First of all, do you need your IB Diploma for university or any other thing? If you don't need it, then it's not worth the trouble. Remember that usually schools award a separate high school graduation diploma that has nothing to do with the IB Diploma, so if you just need some sort of graduation certificate you could still use your school's.  If you do need the IB Diploma, then you should challenge those 3 grades which were a point away from the upper boundary. You need 24 to be awarded the Diploma, so you only need to be successful in one of them. 

If I'm not mistaken, you get a refund if you are right and your marks go up as a result of the remark. So if you think you have a good chance of improving your scores, go for it.

As for how to raise funds, gofundme or something like that is an option, hopefully you'd be able to raise funds. Have you tried asking friends or family for money? 

Good luck!

• 4 years later...

Hello everyone. 

I have just received my IB results, and I was not rewarded the DP diploma due to my lack of points in my HL subjects. 

I am currently 1 point away from a 4 in Physics, and that's the key for me to pass right now (since I have 11 points for all my HL subjects and the minimum for the HL subjects is 12 points)

Do you think it's worth it to request for a remark in this case?

Thank you for helping me out!

PS: I need this pass since my university will need me to provide the DP certificate.