IB Remarks

IBdesperate

I do not have any statistics, however if you are just one mark away from a 7 you have a pretty good chance of your grade going up. Again, this is in theory, not based on statistics.

Do you need the 7 for something (e.g. getting into university) or is it just for your own satisfaction? If you don't need a higher grade, then it might not be worth the remark simply because if your grade doesn't improve, then you will have to pay. Remarks can be pretty expensive depending on your school and where you live.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!

Thanks AndresLopez for your response ... Yes just one more mark is required to get into a 7 for Chemistry as right now sitting in top of the upper boundary for 6. This will increase my total IB points which is one short now.

I have met the subject level offer for my course ..

School has found out that the internal course work has been moderated down by 4 marks which is going in for re-moderation .

i want to wait for the outcome of re-moderation which doesn’t carry the risk of going down and then do the re-mark if remoderation outcome was unsuccessful . Rather than doing both in parallel..

dont want to lose a mark in re-mark and gain one in re-moderation only to cancel each other out.

Any thoughts folks ??

3 minutes ago, IBdesperate said:

Thanks AndresLopez for your response ... Yes just one more mark is required to get into a 7 for Chemistry as right now sitting in top of the upper boundary for 6. This will increase my total IB points which is one short now.

I have met the subject level offer for my course ..

School has found out that the internal course work has been moderated down by 4 marks which is going in for re-moderation .

i want to wait for the outcome of re-moderation which doesn’t carry the risk of going down and then do the re-mark if remoderation outcome was unsuccessful . Rather than doing both in parallel..

dont want to lose a mark in re-mark and gain one in re-moderation only to cancel each other out.

Any thoughts folks ??

Check the deadline to apply for remarks, I believe it is relatively soon after results come out. Also check how long it will take the IB to remoderate the internal assessments. You wouldn't want to risk losing the chance to remark because you've been waiting to see your remoderation results.

I doubt your remark would cancel out your remoderation if your remark drops your grade. You're a high 6, almost a 7, so for you to drop to a 5 your examiner would have had to be... negligent. There's no way they've marked 10-15 marks wrong. It could be that your mark drops a couple of points (worst case scenario) but is unlikely that it will drop a whole grade when you are on the boundary between 6 and 7.

Or in other words where you have mentioned “it could be your mark drops a couple of points worst case scenario’

i just need that one point to make my mark go from 75 to 76 for a 7

if I do the remark now and lose the one mark and then if remoderation was successful and gained one mark then I would have dug myself a big hole but staying at 7

totally confused 

32 minutes ago, IBdesperate said:

Or in other words where you have mentioned “it could be your mark drops a couple of points worst case scenario’

i just need that one point to make my mark go from 75 to 76 for a 7

if I do the remark now and lose the one mark and then if remoderation was successful and gained one mark then I would have dug myself a big hole but staying at 7

totally confused 

That's just a risk you have to take into account. Nobody can predict what you will get, so ultimately it's your decision based on whether you think you've gotten a 7 in your external assessments or if the moderation was too harsh by dropping you 4 points. Since the deadline is in September, just wait until a few days before the deadline. If the re-moderation has not finished by then, then you will have to make a decision. Wait until September.

• Thanks 1