AwMan

I did not get my IB Diploma as I got a 3 in physics but a 4 in my two other HLs. I missed a 4 in physics by 1 mark/percent. I am on the grade boundary. The upper boundary is a 36, I got 36. What is the chance and probability that my grade will increase?

• Good Luck 1

2 hours ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

Probably about a 30-40% your grade will crease given that it's only 1 point away from the upper boundary. That said, it's about a 1% for your overall grade to drop, once again given that you're so close to the upper boundary. 

Sorry, I didn't get what you meant by "it's about 1% for your overall grade to drop......"

25 minutes ago, AwMan said:

Sorry, I didn't get what you meant by "it's about 1% for your overall grade to drop......"

They're all probabilities:

30-40/100 chance for your grade to go up, and approximately 1/100 chance for your grade to go down. Because it is possible, however extremely unlikely and I've never heard of a case like that especially in HL Physics. 

Just now, IB`NOT`ez said:

They're all probabilities:

30-40/100 chance for your grade to go up, and approximately 1/100 chance for your grade to go down. Because it is possible, however extremely unlikely and I've never heard of a case like that especially in HL Physics. 

Oh okay. That way. I can't increase any of my other HLs. So I really need this.

26 minutes ago, AwMan said:

I apologize for the ambiguity: I don't mean to discourage you from remarking, but in the overall sample set three events can happen after a remark:

Your grade out of a 100 goes up: (30-40%) = will increase your grade out of a 7

Your grade out of a 100 stays the same: (50~%) = no change in grade out of a 7

Your grade out of a 100 does down: (1~%) = likely no change in grade out of a 7 depending on how much the drop is 

Basically, you'd probably need your grade out of a 100 to go down by 13 points to drop from a 3 to a 2, which is EXTREMELY unlikely. 

1 minute ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

I apologize for the ambiguity: I don't mean to discourage you from remarking, but in the overall sample set three events can happen after a remark:

Your grade out of a 100 goes up: (30-40%) = will increase your grade out of a 7

Your grade out of a 100 stays the same: (50~%) = no change in grade out of a 7

Your grade out of a 100 does down: (1~%) = likely no change in grade out of a 7 depending on how much the drop is 

Basically, you'd probably need your grade out of a 100 to go down by 13 points to drop from a 3 to a 2, which is EXTREMELY unlikely. 

No, it's not discouraging at all. Informative actually. Thank you so much

1 minute ago, IB`NOT`ez said:

In which case imo you should go for it. You have nothing to lose besides money. 

Yeah I did send it yesterday but I was just wondering what my chances are because even if my current university rescinds their offer, you need a diploma to get into any university

14 minutes ago, AwMan said:

Yeah I did send it yesterday but I was just wondering what my chances are because even if my current university rescinds their offer, you need a diploma to get into any university

Your chances are fair in my opinion. Like I said, about a one in three chance that your grade can go up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...