ESS or Business management ?

Krish1971

Hello !

I have just started IB Yr1 and have chosen maths, physics and economics as my HL subjects. 

I want to choose either business management or ESS as one of my SL subjects. I have been told ESS is easy to score in and not very stressful. People have also told me that I will get time to concentrate on my HL subjects if I choose ESS as it is comparatively easier and also a scoring subject.

Is this correct ? Thanks !

3 hours ago, Krish1971 said:

Hello !

I have just started IB Yr1 and have chosen maths, physics and economics as my HL subjects. 

I want to choose either business management or ESS as one of my SL subjects. I have been told ESS is easy to score in and not very stressful. People have also told me that I will get time to concentrate on my HL subjects if I choose ESS as it is comparatively easier and also a scoring subject.

Is this correct ? Thanks !

ESS is considered a less demanding subject, however from experience I've seen a lot of people do below average because they underestimated the subject. You still have to do some work, although it is not as demanding as Business Mgt. You should also consider your plans for university/college. If you want to do something business-related, then taking Business would be more useful for you. But if you are doing something related to your HLs, which is probably your case, then go ahead and do ESS. Just don't underestimate it - if you keep on top of it you will get an easy 6 or 7, but if you neglect it you will get a disappointing result.

• Cheers! 1