History IA word count URGENT HELP NEEDED PLZ

linneae

I'm doing my IA this summer, meaning I don't have a way to contact my teacher with questions.

Does it matter how many words I have in part A and B and C if the word count all together is 2,200? My total words at the moment are 2,300 and I have 1,600 in my investigation (I know, I've already had like 5 panic attacks about it) whilst the other are shorter but still have everything they need I think? Advice on what I should do? My deadline is on August 10th.

10 hours ago, IB_taking_over said:

The word counts of the sections don't matter. They are just guidelines of roughly how long they should be. The 2200 limit is the only one that you need to be mindful of.

This is completely correct; ideally you would stick to the guidelines as closely as possible. If one section is way shorter than the guideline, then you might not be able to get  the required in-depth analysis to score high in that section. But yes, the only word count that matters is the 2,200 limit, and you must stick to it. If you feel like you can't remove anything you've written already without decreasing the quality of your answer, try to be more concise in your writing - e.g. remove the amount of connectives, use shorter equivalents (e.g. "and" instead of "as well as") and so on. You only have to cut down 100 words, so hopefully you won't have to edit much.

Hope this helps!