Should I pick 7 subjects in IB

I want to become an astrophysicst and for that my subject selection are:

English SL

Hindi SL

Business management or Eco SL

Physics and Chemistry HL

Maths HL

I want to pick computer science as HL because I have heard that a lot of programming is required in astrophysics but my teachers are advising me not to opt for 7 subjects and only concentrate on 6, I can't decide. Please help me!!!

1 hour ago, Disasters_Light said:

I want to become an astrophysicst and for that my subject selection are:

English SL

Hindi SL

Business management or Eco SL

Physics and Chemistry HL

Maths HL

I want to pick computer science as HL because I have heard that a lot of programming is required in astrophysics but my teachers are advising me not to opt for 7 subjects and only concentrate on 6, I can't decide. Please help me!!!

Doing 7 subjects is very hard, especially if you are doing 4 HLs. If you are a hardworker and tend to consistently get excellent grades in all your subjects, then you could handle 7 subjects, but your free time will be greatly reduced. You could ask your school if you could sign up for obtaining an irregular diploma instead. An irregular diploma is an option given by the IB where you can take 3 sciences instead. If your school lets you register for it, then I'd recommend you'd do it, as it allows you to do 3 sciences while still just doing 6 subjects. If your school does not allow you to do this, then you have to be honest and think whether you can handle 7 subjects - it's better to perform well doing 6 than poorly doing 7. At the end of the day, your university would not expect you to have studied Computer Science in the IB, as many schools do not offer the course. Physics and Maths should be your main focus.

Hope this helped!