Research question in Introduction of Extended Essay

Quarky

Hi!

I'm currently editing my History Extended Essay, and I wasn't sure if I should write my research question in the introduction of my essay, or do I need to reword it?

My exams are in November 2018, and I can't find any information on it, and since this is my supervisor's first time supervising an EE, she's not sure either.

Thanks 🙂

4 hours ago, Quarky said:

Hi!

I'm currently editing my History Extended Essay, and I wasn't sure if I should write my research question in the introduction of my essay, or do I need to reword it?

My exams are in November 2018, and I can't find any information on it, and since this is my supervisor's first time supervising an EE, she's not sure either.

Thanks 🙂

Hi,

Your introduction should include your research question. Sometimes, sticking a question in the middle of a paragraph may look weird, so if you want you can rephrase your question so it flows better grammatically, but make sure it is obvious it's your question, otherwise leave it as a question. Don't forget that your introduction should also include your thesis and a brief outline of what you will discuss. 

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, AndresLopez said:

Hi,

Your introduction should include your research question. Sometimes, sticking a question in the middle of a paragraph may look weird, so if you want you can rephrase your question so it flows better grammatically, but make sure it is obvious it's your question, otherwise leave it as a question. Don't forget that your introduction should also include your thesis and a brief outline of what you will discuss. 

Hope this helps!

Thank-you so much!  That's exactly the information I was looking for.